EFFECTIVE DATE: MARCH 5, 2014
a) “Contact Information” means (i) your email address.
b) “Effective Date” means the date set forth at the beginning of this document.
c) “Lnked.In Affiliates” means any parent, subsidiary, member, officer, director, employee, or agent of Lnked.In or any company under common control with Lnked.In.
e) “User Account” means an account permitting access to the Service, with which is associated a user name and password.
f) “User Account Information” means information that identifies you to the Service, including your user name, password, internet protocol address.
g) “User Content” means links, images, and other materials that you post to the Service.
3. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Lnked.In collects the following types of Personal Information through the Service:
a) Contact Information;
b) User Account Information; and
c) User Content.
4. Mechanisms for Collection of Personal Information
5. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
Lnked.In uses Personal Information to:
- operate and improve the Service;
- administer the Service’s facilities for communications among and between users and the public in general;
- communicate with users regarding support, security, technical issues, commerce, marketing, and transactions;
- facilitate marketing, advertising, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and promotions
- administer the Service, User Accounts and transactions with respect to User Accounts; and
- administer and carry out our obligations under contracts and to comply with the law.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- Lnked.In Affiliates, which may use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 5;
- service providers which act for us or provide services for us, such as for marketing or for the processing of payments, and as to such service providers their use of Personal Information is subject to our agreements with them and any applicable laws;
- vendors in connection with the investigation of possible fraud, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Lnked.In or the vendor;
- any person or government agency in response to a subpoena;
- to a government agency in response to an investigation, regardless of whether or not a subpoena has been issued;
- any person to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud; and
- Lnked.In’s employees and outside professionals (such as lawyers and accountants) for the purpose of auditing, compliance, and corporate governance.
7. Storage and Security
We believe the security of your information is a serious issue and we are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your information under our control. Notwithstanding such measures, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Service. We also are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
We will retain Personal Information only as long as our business needs require. We will then destroy or render unreadable any such information upon disposal. We collect and process Financial Account Information from you using third party PCI-compliant service providers when you subscribe to the Service. We do not store Financial Account Information transmitted through the Service.
8. Email Policies
Lnked.In reserves the right to send you e-mail relating to your account and to the Service. You cannot opt-out of receiving such e-mails, and you agree to receive them.
9. No Responsibility for Privacy Practices of Third Parties
10. Interactions With Others
The Service may contain areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review goods, services vendors, and submit media content. Such use is subject to our Terms of Service, and may be viewed by the public at large. Any information, including Personal Information, that you post there will be public, and therefore anyone who accesses such postings will have the ability to read, collect and further disseminate such information.
11. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You may correct or update certain of your Personal Information via your “Settings” screens of the Service.
You may close an account, but Lnked.In will nevertheless retain your Personal Information so as to protect the business interests of Lnked.In, Lnked.In Affiliates, vendors and other users. Those interests include the completion of transactions, maintaining records for financial reporting purposes, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing agreements.
13. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America